Welcome to my book reviews

This blog is just what the title says but I strongly believe a book review should be about both book and author so each review will come with a short bio of the author/writer. I will be reading books and as I'm reading them I will be taking notes and at the end I will put them all together with a fine edit and basically that will be my review. These will be books that are generally something that is of interest to me or something that seems to be getting a lot of publicity at the time, maybe even something someone has suggested to me and asked for my opinion on, which you can also do if wish to. All literature is worth a read, whether it's worth a second read is yet to be discovered, but saying that not everyone is in to the same literature so If I think it's the bees knees or total pants it don't mean that everyone else will. So the book reviews are just my personal opinion as I have understood the literature.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Oliver, the baby from outer space by Joanne Baxter



This is a children's sci-fi  adventure. The writer wrote this back in 1987 when she was 10 years of age. Since then she has dug it out of a drawer blew away the dust and found the courage to try and make public. This is Joanne Baxter's first novel but has since wrote numerous short stories. Joanne Baxter is originally from Oxford but is currently resident in Bristol. When Joanne is not writing she spends her time researching historical figures, cryptozoology , is keen on the findings of paranormal activity and famous historical landmarks such as Gettysberg battlefield in USA, Stonehenge, and spending time with her son. 

Joanne can be contacted here  
http://facebook.com/joannedrewett1 


The Review
After finishing reading ‘Oliver the baby from outer space’ I have to say is just absolutely ideal  for young readers and will capture their attention from the outset. This is a short story which also adds to the perfectness for young readers. The storyline it self is extraordinary with an easy to follow and understand dialogue children will immediately relate to. Straight from the start of the story the plot is full of immense imagination that will be exciting to young readers. The friendship Willow and Skye have is clearly a strong bond and go through a lot together, a friendship many young people wish to have or find. You will notice through the story each of the characters personalities and wit being shown, with mild humour.

My favourite part were when Willow and Skye went to rescue Oliver from another planet and had a run in with the bad aliens, Zarto being the leader accompanied by two half-wits Comic and dragon features. My second enjoyable part was when dragons and baboons were sent to attack earthlings and it hit a total sci fi climax.

To sum it up ‘Oliver the baby from outer space’ has everything a young reader would wish to find in a story, it has mystery, suspense, adventure, wit, strong friendships, fantasy, visit to other planet, rescue missions, alien and earthling fights.

Considering the writer wrote this when she was at a young age of ten she has done tremendous work here.Well done.

I Look forward to reading more of the writers work, Joanne Baxter is not only creative but has a great imagination too which is a vital ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment